Happy Monday! So today I am bringing you my daughters finished headboard. Wow finally! Okay I knew she wanted a pink headboard and I had my experience in making them in the past and so I thought this project could be a pretty easy DIY but it turned out to take a little longer than I thought. We went to Joann’s Fabric to pick out some fabric and we decided on this hot pink fabric that is very much girly pink if I do say so myself:)
I got the batting and fabric home and started on the buttons first. I used a button kit that was very simple to do.
The plywood we bought at Home Depot and I cut the shape out with a jigsaw. I measured for the button placement and used a sharpie to mark the diamond shaped tufting.
Once the batting was on I stapled the fabric tight and added the buttons last using a needle and double threading. To secure and get a good deep tuft from each button I secured by zig zagging the staples and looping the thread through them. (sorry no picture)
Whew! Here it is in all it’s PINKNESS:)
(to see how curtains were made go here)